Saturday, November 22, 2008

My 99th Post

When I started this blog, it was with the intention of just being an outlet for writing. I wanted to keep writing and I chose to write about poker as it was what occupied my time most. For the first few months, I didn't even show this blog to friends. I didn't want anyone to read it at first. The downside to that was I also didn't get motivated enough to continue writing. Besides, most of the tournaments I've played then were illegal and I didn't want people to get in trouble. Add to that, the fact that there were a number of local poker blogs that were active at that time and I wouldn't want to compete with them.

And then the more popular local poker blogs stopped updating. And I was added in PokerManila's blog list. And more people are starting to play poker. All these made me start writing again. It didn't matter that I seldom won anything in live or online play. I get high with just playing and writing about it.

Now I'm on my 99th post. I originally planned to celebrate by getting my own Final Table Donkey domain registered. But that has to wait. I'm going to get a domain for my other blog instead, Ang Tanging Ama. I still have some plans for the Final Table Donkey. But everyone will just have to wait.

Lastly, I'd like to thank all my readers. This blog has had significant increase in visitors especially in the last 4 months. I'm hoping it's because of what I write and how I write. For non-bloggers, you won't know how great it feels to see the number of visitors increase. I enjoy reading comments, be it positive or negative, because it tells me that what I write made a sort of impact. I enjoy seeing followers added to the blog. Here's to the next 99 posts.

No comments: