Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Results Are In...

Based on the poll, I should stick to Live Poker. It wan't a landslide, Live Poker only lead by one. And I voted fo it so it's really dead even.

One of these days I will actually try Online Poker. Probably until I lose a $100 buy-in. But that'll have to wait until I have internet at home. I can't have one set up because I'm planning to move to a different unit or building. Maybe until then, I'll content myself with the free WiFi access at McDonald's Katipunan. Problem is they don't have power outlets. It's free but only until your laptop battery runs out. I'll probably disconnect their hand dryer one of these days so I can charge my laptop. I hate going to Starbucks or Seattle's Best because internet costs an arm and a leg and I don't even drink coffee. I'm just very hesitant to even have my own internet service because I'm rarely home and it's going to be a waste. I'm very stingy when it comes to things I know I can live without but sit me in a poker table and I'll just leave enough money for the cab ride home (read as a hyperbole). I'm weird that way.

On the other hand, there are some very enticing tournaments scheduled for this summer at The Metro. This is the main reason why I can't leave Live Tournament play. There was the eliminations for the Heads-Up Tournament earlier today which I wasn't able to attend because of work. And there'll be the Team Poker event scheduled early May. I can't wait for the Team Poker because it'll be our chance to make up for last year's performance. I've been formulating plans on how we can work as a team even when we're on different tables. I'll leave these thoughts for posts after the event. So far, I think our roster will be me, Rini, Jerry Bernas, Bryan Ang and Aris or Dondi. I'm really not sure because Rini's in charge of that. And from what I hear, the other teams are going to be revived/modified Servitek Team Poker teams as well. This will be one of those tournaments you know will be a classic because the players will definitely be top-notch. If you can't join the Team Poker event, just come and watch and cheer with us, King Jack Call!

No comments: