Saturday, March 17, 2007

Let's start playing poker...

Now I have been playing for more than a year. This is an account of what I think happened. (I just couldn't remember...)

If I'm not mistaken, I learned to play through Mogs. He has been playing with Mic, Rini and the boys and I guess I started out of curiousity. Well, who am I kidding, I just can't keep my hands away from holding cards.

Back then, we'd have SnG's with a P20 buyin. Then the winner would buy everybody beer or food. We were just playing for the heck of it. No strategies at all. Then we started to become serious. We'd drink less so our judgments won't be impaired. We'd up the buyin to P50 and eventually P100. There'd be more of us as well. The dboys from high school had learned to play and we'd have more players available. There was also the poker league that was setup which had a total of 3 tournaments, I think... It was fun but not very lucrative.

Then there's a turning point. I wasn't content with the change we've been playing for. I wanted to improve. So I tried to join an advertised satellite in Vista Verde. This was for the P1M tournament that was held in ACF. Needless to say, I lost and I never even went to the P1M tournament. But felt different while playing. I loved it.

I looked for tournaments and lost a lot of money. I was a fish swimming wth sharks. But hey, I had to start somewhere. Mogs and the others hadn't tried to join any of the other tournaments at that time. I was the only one. I didn't know anybody but still I kept playing. I think I lost a few months salary over that. But I'd do it over again. That's how I learned to play. I learned a lot from the people I've played with.

This blog's the continuation of this story. I want this to be documented for future reference.

This entry is very badly written. Please accept my apologies as I'm in the middle of an online tournament.

No comments: