It's common for poker players to lend and borrow from each other; maybe poker players just view poker money differently. This ranges from a few hundred to thousands of pesos. The reasons also vary from need (player needs to play but is short) to convenience (player has money but not at that particular time and place). I've heard of a few people who have borrowed money from other players for gambling. No one has heard from them after they've "gone into hiding" from not being able to pay. On the other hand, there are also some who seems to always be short and needs a helping hand, but they always pay and no one hesitates to lend them. There are some who would ask to borrow from strangers or acquaintances.
Here are some guidelines when it comes to poker debt:
- Don't lend money to strangers.
- Don't lend money if you can't stand to lose the amount.
- Don't borrow money without a sure way of how to pay. (Don't assume that the money borrowed will win)
- Don't borrow money from people you won't lend to.
- All debts have to be paid.